It’s true what they say: a good sauce starts with a good base.
And Motley’s secret sauce is no different.
Behind each and every piece of jewellery is a process imbued with care, quality and value. We know it as our Motley recipe for success – our ‘secret sauce’ that keeps people coming back for more.
Ready for a mouth-watering dip into all things Motley? Let’s dive right in.
First, assemble your ingredients.
The ingredients in every piece of Motley:
- A handful of the world’s most exceptional, independent jewellery designers
- An assortment of the world’s finest ateliers
- A selection of top-quality precious metals
- A dash of great value for money
- Salt and pepper (optional).
Once our ingredients have been sourced, it’s time to get to cooking.
1. Commission independent designers to create bespoke Motley collections. No design is off the table, no detail too difficult to include. The key to Motley’s secret sauce is going the extra mile – where other brands often won’t.
2. Gently fold in a team of skilled ateliers. For the best results, we work with small batches and prioritise quality of craftsmanship and materials.
3. Now, add in a not-so-secret ingredient: solid silver. All Motley jewellery is crafted from solid gold, or 925 sterling silver and 18k gold vermeil – but never, ever, brass. Why? Silver is durable, hypoallergenic and a precious metal. The key to our secret sauce is using only the finest ingredients – that’s what sets us apart from the rest.
4. Sprinkle in some unique detailing – and a story (or two). Think of the Motley secret sauce as a lucky dip; one with unexpected surprises you won’t find elsewhere. Whether it’s mimicking the night sky with star-cut gems (a la Galileo Ring) or hand-carving enamel flowers (our Botanist Drop Earrings), the secret sauce is fun, light and always refreshing.
5. Once combined, sell for a fraction of the price you might find elsewhere. That’s right: after ensuring quality, innovation and great design at each and every stage, we garnish our Motley secret sauce with value. Fair-pricing means that our designers receive an above-average commission, our manufacturers and craftsmen are fairly compensated for their hard work and of course, you get your Motley favourites at incredible prices. That’s fine jewellery, without the fine price tag.
Motley’s Top Tips:
- Like any good dish, we recommend imbuing the process with love, care and attention to detail at every stage. A generous helping of the world’s best designers, a dash of innovative manufacturing techniques and incredible value throughout also helps.
- Best before…well, we haven’t found an expiration date just yet. All pieces are built to last (and last), from the quality of our craftsmanship to the durability of our materials. Motley jewellery is for keeps – not for weeks.